This is a blast from my past and now, thanks to my ageing, yellowed and coverless Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course book, a renewed favourite for using left over meat.
Years ago I was given Delia' s Cookery book for Christmas, my first one! One of the first recipes I tried from that now treasured volume were the rissoles, partly for nostalgic reasons and partly because I knew there was no 'right or wrong' as they were such variable delicacies.
This couldn't be simpler, or more tasty.
- 1 cooked chicken breast from a 2kg bird, finely chopped with a knife
- 2 large handfulls of breadcrumbs from my freezer
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 heaped tsp carroway seeds crushed finely
- 1 large egg
- Sunflower oil to fry
- Half tsp each onion and garlic granules
- Flour for rolling out balls
- Simply combine all the ingredients, except the oil and flour, in a bowl and form into four balls with well floured hands.
- Flatten slightly
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan on a medium heat
- Carefully add the rissoles and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until, turn carefully
- Once browned and heated right through they are really to serve.
How do you eat yours? Do please send me a message with your own yummy rissole, or 'burger' ideas using leftover meat, beans and/or veg. I'd love to try something you've made and enjoyed. What accompaniments would you prepare?